SEAFORD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN - GET INVOLVED
April 13 2016.
Seaford Town Council recently commissioned Action In Rural Sussex (AIRS) to facilitate a Neighbourhood Plan for the Town. The first stage in this process is a drop-in public meeting on Wednesday the 20th ofApril from 6.00pm through to 9.00pm at Seaford Baptist Church.
Anyone interested in how the Town will develop in the future is invited to pop in and learn more. As well as there being people available to discuss the plan, there will also be a presentation at 7.30pm to give more information on the plan going forward.
It is envisaged to get as many volunteers as possible to help develop the plan. Volunteers will take part in themed groups to develop a section of the plan which can cover such areas as Town Centre developments and new housing allocation.
What the Neighbourhood Plan CAN do:
· Set out what is or will be needed in terms of environment, facilities, services, traffic etc
· Create and protect our local green spaces
· Determine how many new homes should be built in Seaford and where development should happen
· Define the types of homes needed e.g. flats, bungalows, small houses, large houses
· Include policies that take precedence over existing policies in the local plan provided it does not conflict with the strategic policies in the local plan
What the Neighbourhood Plan CANNOT do:
· Conflict with strategic policies in the local plan
· Be used to prevent or stop development included in the local plan
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group has created a Facebook Group which can be found at www.facebook.com/groups/1597954787196878/