Latest News


March 21 2013.

Newhaven Town Council has a small amount of funding available to help residents of the town fund street parties or other community events to celebrate this summer's 60th Anniversary of the Coronation, which falls on Sunday 2nd June.

If you are organising an event and would like to apply for funding, you can download an application form from the Town Council's website at telephone 01273 516100, or call in at the Town Council offices at 18 Fort Road, Newhaven to collect one.

The deadline for applications is Friday 19th April.

If you are holding your party in the street, you will need to apply to Lewes District Council for a street closure. This can be done online via the Lewes District Council website at

Applications for street closures must be made at least eigh weeks before the event - so by 7th April. This is to allow the District Council to consult with everyone who may be affected - such as the emergency services.

You can find useful information and myth-busting advice on how to organise a street party at: