‘BIG PLANNING EVENT’ - TODAY AT THE HILLCREST CENTRE
March 14 2012.
Newhaven Town Council's 'Big Planning Event' takes place at the Hillcrest Centre in Newhaven today from 10am through to 7pm. This is YOUR opportunity to find out about the three proposed new developments for supermarkets and major regeneration in Newhaven. This isn't just a Newhaven matter, the Newhaven development will effect everyone in the Haven area. So get along to the Hillcrest Centre today and find out what the three developers are proposing.
Why should you come to The BIG Planning Event?
• Lewes District Council will be making a decision on the best development for Newhaven in May 2012. The BIG Planning Event will be your opportunity to understand the developments that will be discussed in May.
• The event will be your opportunity to meet developers responsible for the three major planning applications connected to building new supermarkets, housing, business units, public spaces and more.
• You will get to have one-on-one conversations with developers about their developments.
• The event will enable you to find out about all of the three developments at the same time and make comparisons.
• You will be able to give your opinions to developers about what you would like to see in a new development.
• The event is being organised by Newhaven Town Council and you will have the opportunity to talk to Elected Councillors about your views.
• You will be able to give your views on what you want to see in Newhaven in the future.
Getting to The BIG Planning Event
The event is an open drop-in day and will take place on the 14th March 2012 at the Main Hall, Hillcrest Centre, Hillcrest Road, Newhaven, BA9 9EA.
The Hillcrest Centre is wheelchair accessible and contains a hearing loop for visitors that are hard of hearing. If you have any specific access requirements, please contact Newhaven Town Council.
Car and Public transport
Free car parking is available, including disabled parking bays adjacent to the Hillcrest Centre and surrounding areas.
The 123 and 145 bus services that are part of the East Sussex County Council's Rider network stop close to the venue with a small walk.
The Three Towns Community Bus operated by CTLA can be booked for a door to door service and can be booked direct by phoning 01273 517332
What can you expect at The BIG Planning Event?
It will run from 10am to 7pm and will feature stalls that display the different planning applications. You will have the opportunity to move around the stalls, meet the developers behind each application, ask questions, view planning materials and give feedback.
Newhaven Town Council will have a stall inviting you to comment on what you have seen and heard and to express your views on what Newhaven needs to be a strong town in the future that offers opportunities and experiences for all.
What if I cannot make the event?
You can view materials at the Newhaven Town Council offices and you can express your views by completing the questions on this website, completing an on-line survey on the Newhaven Town Council website, phoning the Council or popping in to the Town Council offices.
Tell then what you think?
It is vital that you know what is going to happen in Newhaven. It is equally important that you have a say about what you would like to see in Newhaven.
Newhaven Town Council is developing a 'wish list' that details the services and facilities that people want to see in Newhaven. Your views really count with this work and the following questions seek to find out what is important to you and what you would like to see in a Newhaven that is looking to the future.
How do I respond?
You can complete the survey below or complete the survey that you should receive through your letterbox. You can reply using the attached Freepost envelope or post it in a Drop Box at The BIG Planning Event at the Hillcrest Centre by the Newhaven Town Council Stall on the day.
Don't forget to supply your contact email or telephone with a completed survey to be in with a chance of winning either a flat screen TV or smartphone.
www.surveymonkey.com/s/HX8CP2Q and www.surveymonkey.com/s/HRXXTSH